Demand Planner trainee
At GANT we are looking for a Planning & Merchandising trainee for our P&M department in our offices in the heart of Madrid's Golden Mile. This is a challenging position and among your main tasks, you will be in charge of:
- Become an expert in local/regional needs across sales channels and product categories, identifying factors impacting the demand (i.e. price levels vs competitors, market trends, sales performance).
- Help in creating and updating the rolling demand plan across full price and outlet channels for the region/market based on data-driven statistical information merged with intelligence gathered from multiple inputs such as financial plans, marketing plans, sales plans.
- Learn how to generate and maintain a product forecast for the local market/region in the forecasting system on a rolling basis for seasonal articles and carry over products, being accountable for local market performance on demand planning KPIs (mainly forecast accuracy and forecast BIAS).
- Learn how to actively identify and perform root-cause analyses on gaps between forecast and sales, also proposing improvement in planning processes.
- Help to creating pre-seasonal Headgroup forecasts at product category level for full price and outlet channels by using data-driven statistical information and gathering intelligence from multiple inputs such as financial plans, marketing plans and sales plans; enter and maintain a rolling forecast onto the demand planning tool
- Help to continuously monitoring and reporting to the global team of demand changes, risks, and opportunities within the local market/region
- Help to ensuring accuracy and reliability of market/regional demand plan
- Learn how to recap and analyze actual sales results vs plan and forecast in-season sales and inventory on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
Your are the person we are looking for if:
- You are studying a bachelor's degree / master within the P&M sector.
- You are a detail-oriented with good analytical and reporting skill.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Paid scholarship
- Immediate incorporation
- Possibility of signing an agreement with your university
- 30/35H per week
- Planning & Merchandising
PORTUGAL - Lisbon Office
About GANT Spain & Portugal
GANT is the future of American Sportswear. A premium lifestyle brand that knows we are stronger together as a community, that we thrive when we embrace each other's differences. We believe creativity is the key to growing and evolving, it has led us down new paths and inspired new inventions. Curiosity beats through everything we do, from exploring the world around us to finding sustainably-minded solutions and understanding that questions are more important than answers. But without courage, none of this would be possible, and its with courage that we both dare to fail and strive to create new traditions.
GANT has been a pioneer of preppy style since 1949. Founded by the Gantmacher family in the college town of New Haven, Connecticut, GANT revolutionized the way the world dresses by creating American Sportswear icons. Today we continue to challenge convention and make clothes for the courageous, the curious and the creative – a community of people who believe you should never stop learning. GANT Iberia is present in Portugal and Spain with 11 stores, more than 60 El Corte Inglés corners, 210 selected retailers and a team of over 200 employees.
Demand Planner trainee
Loading application form