Do you believe we should never stop learning? GANT, the future of American Sportswear, strives to be an Employer of Choice in 70+ global markets. If you want to challenge convention and make clothes for the courageous, curious and creative, then join us on this journey!
About the team
As part of the Planning & Merchandising Team, you will be responsible for serving as the main contact person between the market and the global office regarding forecasting and demand planning. The role sits within the Market/Regional Merchandising department, it reports directly to the Regional Planning & Merchandising Director and with a dotted line to the Head of Global Demand Planning.
The role requires a high degree of cross functional collaboration across local merchandising, sales, marketing, and finance teams and with the Global Planning and Merchandising department.
- Be an expert in local/regional needs across sales channels and product categories, identifying factors impacting the demand (i.e. price levels vs competitors, market trends, sales performance).
- Responsible for creating and updating the rolling demand plan across full price and outlet channels for the region/market based on data-driven statistical information merged with intelligence gathered from multiple inputs such as financial plans, marketing plans, sales plans.
- Generate and maintain a product forecast for the local market/region in the forecasting system on a rolling basis for seasonal articles and carry over products, being accountable for local market performance on demand planning KPIs (mainly forecast accuracy and forecast BIAS).
- Actively identify and perform root-cause analyses on gaps between forecast and sales, also proposing improvement in planning processes.
- Take part and support with global projects on ad hoc basis when instructed by the global department.
- The Demand Plan is the basis for Purchasing and significantly influences the inventory management/stock turn and availability. Therefore, it is also the foundation for reaching sales and inventory targets.
- Create pre-seasonal Headgroup forecasts at product category level for full price and outlet channels by using data-driven statistical information and gathering intelligence from multiple inputs such as financial plans, marketing plans and sales plans; enter and maintain a rolling forecast onto the demand planning tool
- Continuously monitoring and reporting to the global team of demand changes, risks, and opportunities within the local market/region
- Ensure accuracy and reliability of market/regional demand plan
- Recap and analyze actual sales results vs plan and forecast in-season sales and inventory on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Accountability for market performance on demand planning KPIs, performing root-cause analyses of gaps between forecast and sales, sharing and discussing them with the Head of Global Demand Planning and other relevant global departments
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of demand planning experience in retail fashion industry.
- Detail-oriented with good analytical and reporting skill.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Apply with your CV and a cover letter by 2023/01/15. We review applications on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the set end date. Until then, get to know us by following LifeAtGANT.
GANT is one of the inspiring brands driven by passionate people of the MF Brands Group, alongside with Lacoste, Aigle, The Kooples and Tecnifibre. Please visit the group website for more information.